Airbus technical team continues probe at plane crash site
Statesman Report
KARACHI: The technical team of the plane manufacturing company, Airbus, arrived at the site of the PIA aircraft crash on Wednesday to investigate the incident, sources informed Geo News.
The team, comprising technical experts, had arrived in Karachi on Tuesday to conduct an investigation into the PK8303 plane crash.
According to sources, drone cameras will once again be used during the investigation at the site and the 11-member investigative team will use forensics today to probe the crash.
Moreover, sources added the team, along with a local investigative group, will focus on finding the cockpit recording. A flight safety team of PIA will also accompany the Airbus team at the site of the crash.
After a green light from the Airbus team, the remains of the plane were moved from the site, including the cabin, tail and other parts to the airport, sources said.
Sources, however, added, the plane’s engine, landing gears would be shifted in a few days.
The shifting of the gear had been earlier halted due to the technical team’s investigation.
On Tuesday, the Airbus team was briefed about the crash by PIA and fire department officials. The Aircraft Accident and Investigation team were present with the Airbus technical team as well to ascertain the situation.
The technical experts had studied the remains of the plane and inspected the engines, landing gear, wings and flight control system of the aircraft.
The team had then inspected the Jinnah International Airport runway and later visited the control tower as well.
Airbus is conducting an independent investigation into the crash, which reportedly happened due to an engine failure.
Cockpit voice recorder of PIA flight PK-8303 still missing: spox
The cockpit voice recorder of the ill-fated PIA flight PK-8303, which crashed in a Karachi neighbourhood on Friday, had still not been found by Tuesday, a spokesperson of the airline had confirmed.
PIA spokesman Abdullah Hafeez Khan had said that hectic efforts were being made to recover the voice recorder from the crash site.