Romania’s Halep hopes to play in Palermo next month
MADRID: Romanian women's world number two Simona Halep hopes to take part in next month's Palermo Open, the first WTA event to be held after the shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, she said on Sunday. "I have not yet made a clear decision but I hope to start with Palermo," last year's Wimbledon champion Halep told reporters in the Romanian city of Cluj-Napoca before her return to the court after a four-and-a-half-month absence. "It's hard without tournaments, I miss them, I hope we can travel quietly and without fear soon, because it's a little worrying. - AFP