Initial report of seminary blast prepared
Statesman Report
PESHAWAR: The investigation team on Wednesday arranged the initial examination report of the bomb blast that took place in a seminary in Dir Colony here on Tuesday. The report prepared by Counter Terrorism Department, police and law enforcing agencies said pupils came to attend the lecture, where the incident occurred, at the seminary situated at a distance around 160 meters from the mosque. The report said perpetrators behind the blast conducted recce of the teacher and pupils approaching the mosque. It further said that on the ill-fated day some construction work was also underway in bathrooms of the mosque and the hired laborers were also being interrogated. A student of the seminary has been taken into custody for investigation, the report said. The data and other information about the pupils studying at the seminary has also been obtained while statements of eye witnesses were recorded for identification of the suspected man who placed a bag inside the mosque’s hall, reports APP. Shahzad contacts IGP, CS to discuss improving security situation in KP Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior and Accountability Barrister Mirza Shahzad Akbar on Wednesday contacted Inspector General Police and Chief Secretary Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and discussed further improving security situation in the province.  In a tweeter message, he condemned Peshawar blast and directed to provide optimum medical treatment facilities to the injured in the blast. Inspector General Police and Chief Secretary briefed the advisor about Peshawar blast and security issues, reports APP. At least eight people were killed and more than 110 injured in an explosion on Tuesday morning at the Jamia Zuberia madressah in Peshawar's Dir Colony. According to Lady Reading Hospital spokesperson Mohammad Asim, four of the deceased were students between the ages of 20 to 25. "The blast took place in the madressah during a Quran class. Someone took a bag inside [with explosives]," Waqar Azim, a senior police official, told AFP. Mohammad Ali Gandapur, another senior police official, confirmed the details. He said two teachers were among the wounded. Senior Superintendent of Police (Operations) Mansoor Aman confirmed the explosion, saying that initial reports suggest an improvised explosive device (IED) was used in the explosion. "Five kgs of explosives were used in the blast." The area has been cordoned off and police teams are collecting evidence, he added. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack. The LRH spokesperson said that seven dead bodies and 70 injured have been brought to the facility. He later said that another of the injured succumbed to his injuries, raising the death toll to eight. He stated that the injured were being provided with immediate medical attention and the hospital's director was present at the emergency ward. He added that an emergency had also been declared at the medical facility. According to reports, the injured have also been taken to Khyber Teaching Hospital, Hayatabad Medical Complex and Naseerullah Khan Babar Hospital. According to officials from the hospitals, 72 injured were taken to LRH, two each to KTH and HMC and 37 to Naseerullah Khan Babar Hospital. Health Minister Taimur Saleem Jhagra visited the site of the blast. Speaking to reporters, he said that the focus was on providing the injured the best possible treatment to increase their chances of recovery. Inspector General of Police (IG) Sanaullah Abbasi while talking to reporters said that the police is trying to provide security as much as they can. "We are very saddened by this. We will ensure the security of the city," he said. He added that the police would investigate "all dynamics".